LATEST FOCUS GROUP DOCUMENTS
The following Teams were agreed. As there were no people available for T&T it was agreed that each of the Groups would look at this under their own heading.
- (E&C) Environmental & Countryside (built and natural environment, open spaces, conservation areas, allotments and community gardens/open spaces. Simon Birnstingl, Chris Warren & Joyce Shaw
- (C&I) Community & Infrastructure,(existing facilities and assets, new facilities, centres, health, education, roads, utilities, IT, social and leisure. Juliet Hindson & John Chilver
- (LE) Local Economy, (employment, retail, businesses, tourism, sites and locations). Mike Bray & Neil Bird.
- (H&D) Housing & Development (mix of housing, design control, potential sites, land,) Sean Teatum & Sally Norvell- Baker
- (T&T) Transport & Traffic (public transport, parking, cycle paths, footpaths, bridleways.) To be combined in each of the above.
OBJECTIVES OF FOCUS GROUPS WITHIN THE NP TEAM
Housing & Development
- Look at how we can provide Affordable Housing as well as ‘Higher End of Market’
- Produce a programme of planned and controlled house building to provide integrated and sympathetic growth
- Look at what additional utility infrastructure improvements and support services would be required
- Seek to work with landowners to agree areas where housing could be provided to meet the needs and agreement of the Parish
- Improve the local economy by improving & introducing new opportunities for businesses to grow & prosper, allowing significant local benefit from economic growth
- Introduce and encourage better ways of enabling employment & investment to the benefit of the forecasted demands that will present themselves.
- Identify business / commercial areas
- Identify potential for sustainable & acceptable growth
- Identify Improvement to infrastructure & services
- Identify Improvements to transport & communications
Environment & Countryside
- Retain the villages character of small settlements surrounded by a working countryside.
- Present employment opportunities for residents, retaining the character of skills and enterprise.
- Enhance the built area by improved character of any developments that have been allowed.
- Improve Links between settlements and involve the community actively with local matters.
- Introduce planned programmes of planting and other simple methods to help protect the parish from the worst effects of a changing climate.
- Redevelop the cement works site into a nationally recognised feature providing recreation and employment to the area.
Community & Infrastructure
- Review our current Health, Education & Training, Social & Leisure & Spiritual amenities in our Villages and produce recommendations for change / improvements based on the findings and desire of the Community
- Review Utilities, Road network & IT/Communications structure and future plans and determine if they will fit the future needs and growth of the community.
- Manage identified areas where improvements might be made, such as road widening, cycle paths and facilities for more youth activities.
- Liaise between the adjacent community facilities to discuss possibilities of pooling resources.
- Identify where people see that improvements need to be made