Notes from NP Meeting 5th July 2017

ATTENDEES: Andrew Purches, Miles Carey, John Rowland, Sally Norvell-Baker, Katherine Bowlan & Sean Teatum
APOLOGIES: Jennifer Wood, Alan Chilver, Mike Bray, Juliet Hindson, Geoffrey & Carol Parker and Joyce Parker

1. Update / expand any points from July report to PC

  • Wrote to SDNP re: their site assessments and waiting for their feedback.
  • Wrote to WSCC to seek better support from their Planning Dept. Still waiting response
  • Received a request from a Small Dole resident regarding extending the Built Up Area Boundary (BUAB). Will follow up Norman Kwan’s recommendation and not include in NP
  • The meeting with AECOM on Housing Needs Assessment went well and they hope to complete the HNA by end of July for us to assess with final sign off by mid August
  • I have applied to Locality for assistance with our Site Surveys. They have accepted our application and have left with AECOM to get in touch to advise.
  • Will be carrying out some review of sites with Norman Kwan of HDC on 14th. July

2. Take up any other points / issues

  • Sally confirmed that we will not have to undertake an SEA. She will contact her source on this to get full details as to why this will not have to be done. ACTION Sally
  • We have asked AiRS to produce a new project plan based on latest date of HNA
    PC asked about Call for Sites and formal notice, the chair said he would write to the Chair/Clerk of the PC to confirm our policy on this and to advertise on our PC notice boards. ACTION Sean

3. Agree next meeting
It was agreed that we would wait until we had time to assess the new HNA which AECOM suggested should be ready by end of July. So possibly hold next meeting by 2nd week in August TBA

Sean Teatum
Chair of UBNP

JULY NP UPDATE TO THE UBPC

Hi,

After all the activity last month (May) with kick starting our NP back into action June has been rather quiet, so quiet in fact that we delayed our NP meeting to July 5th. The reason for this has been waiting for our Housing Needs Assessment to get started and complete. I am pleased to say that we have now have confirmation from Locality that they will provide Technical Support for this and AECOM have agreed to take on the work. I have had my first meeting with them on 4th. July.

Other things kicked off / happened in June:

  • Wrote to SDNP to update them on our progress and to seek their views on our site assessments carried out to date, they have responded and will provide feedback on the sites and any potential for housing.
  • Wrote to WSCC to seek better support from their Planning Dept. on our NP but still waiting a response from their Planning & Transport Manager. (have chased)
  • Received a request from a Small Dole resident regarding extending the Built Up Area Boundary (BUAB) to allow him to build a new house as he said HDC had suggested we include in the NP. I consulted with Norman Kwan at HDC who said that this was something they would be looking at through the local plan review and would not be expecting parishes to undertake. This will ensure HDC use a consistent approach and methodology across all settlements rather than different interpretations being used by Parishes introducing discrepancies between how the BUABs were assessed for different settlements across the district, which might be problematic at appeals later on. This work will be done by James Overall who will be consulting on revised boundaries in the Issues and Options this Autumn.
  • The meeting with AECOM went well and they have asked for some more detail on our Survey, some stats regarding the Parish, Local Estate Agents and numbers of new homes built since 2011. They have suggested that our NP covers the period to 2031. They also stated that they can help with site assessments and I have asked Locality if we can have this included in our Technical Support Package (waiting response)
  • AECOM hope to complete the HNA by end of July for us to assess with final sign off by mid August.They also stated that the HNA makes no consideration of Flood Plains, SDNP, Green Spaces etc. it is based on unconstrained demand which we then tailor to our particular constraints.
  • We will not be attending the Heritage Workshop being run by HDC as it was felt our Parish did not require any additional information on this.
  • Next NP Meeting on 5th. July at 7.30 in THE HUB Baptist Church UB

Sean Teatum
NP Team Chairman