Notes from NP Meeting 16th August

Notes from NP Meeting 16th August

Attendees:Jennifer Wood,Andrew Purches,Miles Carey,John Rowland,Alan Chilver,Sally Norvell Baker, Juliet Hindson, Sean Teatum (Chairman).
Apologies: Joyce Shaw,Mike Newall, Mandy Wadman.
1. Update since last meeting.
  • AECOM have agreed to carry out site surveys as part of the Technical Support package from Locality.
  • DC have launched a new website to share info on NP across the District. Its called Yammer https://www.yammer.com/horshamdistrictneighbourhoodplanningforum/
  • Met with Ed Carr to discuss Arts and Culture ideas for Cement Works
  • Meeting with the Small Dole (SD)Village Hall team to discuss NP on 27th. September
  • Henfield distributing NP questionnaire to all SD residents over the next week
  • Shared our HNA with Henfield.
2. Review HNA & List any questions to AECOM / HDC
  • Received feedback from HDC on the HNA and reviewed.
  • Reviewed document with Team and highlighted the following comments: Document very much in Planners Speak, Need to clearly show proposed Housing Needs figure and Affordable Housing Need figure in both Summary and Body of Document, Document gave positive view of UB, need more reference to Small Dole as very UB centric, nunber of minor typing/reference to fig. nos incorrect, table 30 page 59 error as shows flats and OAP units twice and if OAP units stays these flats are for over 55s not OAPs, also does not show losses for original Adur View. PAGE 16 re: reference to new bypass point 30. this is believed to be around 25 years old!!.
  • Waiting further feedback from Allison Keech
  • The Chair will pull all comments together and send to AECOM
3. Garages for Affordable Housing (AH)
Inline image 1
  • Anrew Purches has followed up on his idea of using the garages we have in excess in some parts of UB for AH. The idea is to build housing on top of the garages as shown above in the scheme the London Borough of Lambeth have adopted in Gipsy Hill,  approaching Crystal Palace. The Chair has written to Saxon Weald to seek ownership information of the garages and to Affinity Sutton to see if they could help with this idea. ACTION the Chair to get aerial picture of UB to identify all sites
4. Cement Works
  • The Chairman has been involved with some communication from Brighton University re: access to the Cement Works for students project work. In following this up with Steve Dudman, Ed Carr and Bill Dunster it is still very unclear what Steve Dudman intends to do with the site. ACTION the Chair to write to SDNPA to find out what is the current status of the review they are carrying out.
5. Review Focus Team Docs
  • The Team had been asked to review their Focus Documents. The Community & Infrastructure Doc has been reviewed by Juliet & John, it was agreed to take out comment re: SGS not being sufficient for current population and  keep reference re Pound Lane traffic issue, this has now been reissued, The Countryside and Environment was updated by the Chair but no comments have been received. The Local Economy has had no comments received and the Housing and Development Doc will have to be updated once the HNA has been agreed. ACTION ALL Team to review Focus Docs and feedback any changes
 
6. Any Other Business
  • Find out who is new chair of the Steyning, Bramber ,Ashington, Washington NP Team ACTION Chair
  • Ask WSCC what their future plans are for Smugglers Lane ACTION Chair
  • Using the illegal element of the gypsy site in Small Dole to create another – possibly – 12 units of housing. ACTION Chair to raise with HDC
7. DONM
  • Possibly mid September 20th!! depending on agreeing HNA and starting site assessments. To Be Confirmed
 
Sean Teatum
07795981969

Comments are closed.